Tuesday, October 29, 2013

write a 3-paragraph descriptive essay on this: What was the first research assignment you remember ever having? Were you in elementary school, middle school, or high school? Exactly what grade were you in? What do you remember learning about the research process? What did you choose to write about or was a topic assigned to you? Did the teacher who gave you the assignment teach you about the research process? Or was it the school librarian? Or both? What sources do you remember using? Encyclopedias? Books? Articles? The Internet? Other sources? As you did with the last writing prompt, describe the research process you went through. Did you enjoy it? Hate it? Find it fun? Find it boring? Find it tedious? If you answer this writing prompt in a 3-paragraph descriptive essay, you will get full credit for having written on your blog for this week.

The first research assignment I did was on Madame C.j. Walker.  I believe I was in the 6th grade at I.S. 61. What I remember learning about the research process is that Madame C.j. was the first female self made millionaire due to her cosmetics and hair products. I remember using wikipedia, encyclopedias, books focusing on her and various websites. The research process I went through was searching her biography and learning about her early life leading into her adult life. I researched how she began doing cosmetics and where her start to success began. I did not find it tedious because I was researching someone I had interest in because she was one of the first successful American women of all time. I highly enjoyed the assignment and learning so much about about Madame C.J. and her contribution to both African American History and the idea of feminism

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed the research assignment. Next time please answer in 3 paragraphs though. For example, did the teacher assign you this topic? did you choose it yourself? was the school librarian involved in the process of you finding information? Please address all of the questions next time. I know you can do it Breeana!! Also, just as an aside, the first female self-made millionaire happened to be a black woman, which was Madam C.J. Walker, but did you know that the first female self-made billionaire was also a black woman? Do you know who it is?

    ReplyDelete