Monday, November 4, 2013

How I Learn



Everyone learns differently. You are to write a 3-paragraph descriptive essay on your blog and call it "How I Learn." Here are the different learning styles that have been identified by a Harvard researcher:

1) Kinesthetic - body smart - use of body and body movement to learn
2) Linguistic - word smart - use of language and reading of words to learn
3) Logical - mathematical/numbers smart - use of numbers and numerical sequencing to learn
4) Interpersonal - people smart - use of communication and interaction with others to learn
5) Intrapersonal - myself smart - use of self-reflection and self-understanding to learn
6) Spatial - picture smart - use of two- or three-dimensional pictures of images to learn
7) Musical - music smart - use of rhythm and other musical elements to learn



There are many various ways to learn in this world; some are visual learners while others are listening or movement learners. I myself would consider the way I learn to be more Interpersonal than anything. I feel that I learn well when I can visually see something, therefore I would consider myself a    Spatial learner. Based on my style of learning, images, pictures, sculptures, graphs etc. is what helps me to better understand something and learn better. To be a Spatial - Picture smart - learner is when you have a visual style to organize information and communicate with others. Spatial learners can easy  visualize objects and visual descriptions and build in their minds from those images. Our sense of space gives us a good sense of direction and a clear idea. Being that I am also an artist, I am constantly creating or analyzing visuals which is why I'd be a Spatial learner more than anything. Every individual is unique which makes their learning style unique as well and it should be embraced 

No comments:

Post a Comment