Wednesday, November 13, 2013

What I am thirsting to Learn

In a world filled with everlasting opportunities, there is always room to learn. For myself, I have always been quite the multi-tasker; writing poetry, dancing, playing the violin and basketball. Yet there is still so much that I thirst to learn. Anything from taking a car apart and putting it back together, to learning how to sing, I would love to know it all. However, above all things there is one in particular I am thirsting to learn more than anything. I want to learn how to become an interior Designer.

From the moment I hit age ten I knew that I wanted to become an interior designer after watching the HGTV network and getting hooked in an instant. I've always had an eye for creating and I knew I never wanted to be the typical girl actress, model or fashionista so Interior Design is what caught my eye from the very beginning. I love the idea that these designers can see the potential in the smallest, ugliest or most rundown space and create into a masterpiece. Interior Designers are like Architectural magicians that have the ability to create and envision which is what I know I am capable of.
Not only do I thirst to learn about what it takes to be a designer because of how captivating the art is, but also because it is the career I want to pursue and make my own business out of. There is a quote that says "If you do what you love, youll never work a day in your life"; Well I watched my mom and dad take careers that they didn't love and it makes life that much more complicated for them. No matter if its not a great deal of pay or if its short or long hours I want to be able to call myself an Interior designer because it is what I love more than anything and what I thrive to learn.

Many people in life don't follow their dreams because they're too afraid, they get caught up in the wrong things or simply because life happens. I will make it my duty to never let anything or anyone get in the way of what I learn to learn, the thing I love, which is to design; To take an empty space and create a beautiful novel out of it. I want to be known, I want to create a style for future designs to recognize and appreciate. I thirst to learn the world of Interior Design because it is what thrills me and the one thing in life I look forward to.


1 comment:

  1. This is great Breeana, and it is so cool that you taught yourself how to add a picture to your blog post. I too would "love to know it all" so I can relate. That is a wonderful asset to have!

    ReplyDelete